Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

Belle du Soir fragrance by Le Labo

I have always been a fan of heavy woodiness in fragrances. The soundtrack to my misspent youth has been peppered with the scents of Clinique Aromatics Elixir, Agent Provocateur, Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir and in more recent years Tom Ford's Black Orchid.

When it comes to skincare and makeup I'm an absolute brand hopping hussy but with fragrance I'm fairly loyal, a lesson learned from my grandmother who was quite the glamourous head turner in the 50's. A fragrance is your signature; it clings to your clothes and decorates the air around you, it's an invisible piece of fine jewellery so for me, a fragrance choice should be carefully made and consistent.

On a recent visit to the Anthropologie store in west London I met a bottle of Belle du Soir and found my values fall like a pack of cards.

Belle du Soir is a musky and rich scent of neroli, water lily and gardenia placed on a background of sandalwood and patchouli.

I love the way it is presented in an amber coloured bottle, inspired by vintage pharmacy vials (60ml) while tin boxes containing solid fragrances are designed like measuring weights from the last century (5g).

I purchased a bottle, doused myself immediately and fell in love. Check out Anthropology stores for opportunities to find out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment