Pages

Friday 25 May 2012

Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Body Lotion: Mango


Summer's here! And it's time for me to find ways to make every morning feel like a day at the beach lies ahead, even if I'm heading to the office.

Garnier have a new body lotion on the market in a range of 5 fragrances. The promise is this gives your skin an intensive hit of moisture for 7 days, the small print is you must apply this twice a day for four weeks before you can really benefit from the magic '7 days.'

Thanks Garnier, I mean, seriously? Do you expect us all to be so disciplined that we would apply body lotion twice a day, every day for 4 weeks? I don't know about you but I just don't have the time for such a rigorous, twice daily, full body moisturising regime. I imagine if I did this, by body would be so saturated with product I would need a week to get it out of my system. I understand they are after a level of loyalty from their customers but in my opinion it's a bit of an ask.

I'm not saying this is a bad product, in fact it's quite the opposite. I have chosen their mango offering as I value the fatty acid content that this could bring. On first application post morning shower I found the consistency very light but really nourishing as it sunk into my skin within a few short minutes. It smells great too (mango just yells summertime) and half way through the day my whole body still feels plumped and well hydrated. I have fairly dry skin and don't foresee the need to apply more later in the day but I see this as a good thing...

I'm definately going to bump this into my summer rotaion of lotions as I think it's a little cracker. I was also really surprised at the cost too as prices start at £3.

No comments:

Post a Comment